Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Jesus Pages: God Doesn't Play Fair

Matthew 20: 1-16 – God Doesn’t Play Fair

            

             We each have entered into a contract with God. I have my terms and you have yours. Why do I feel I have to compare? But when I find out you have more than I do as compensation, I get all crazy and blame God for not being fair. But God doesn’t play fair; if He did, we’d all be cooling our heels in the pit of fire. God has the right to spend His resources as He wishes. This is a hard concept for my culture to understand.

 

             “Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money?” we ask. “No, you don’t!” We are envious and our eyes swing back and forth in a frenzy because God has sliced the pie into irregular sized pieces. What I have is enough for me, but you got a bigger piece and I’m mad about that. I should just eat my own pie and be satisfied. But my envy has poisoned it and I complain against God’s generous hand.

The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)



©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)   

No comments:

Post a Comment