Monday, February 1, 2021

The Jesus Pages: Heartless Jesus

Matthew 15: 21-39 – Heartless Jesus


"Jesus, help me! My daughter has demons!" Silence. He gives this pagan the cold shoulder.


"What's up, Jesus?"


"She doesn't belong to my elite group; not my party affiliation."


"Help me!!"


"Sorry, but I only have enough for my own children, ungrateful though they are. I don't have

anything but crumbs for you."


"Please, Jesus, give me the crumbs. They're magic crumbs and they will be enough to heal my

daughter."


Now Jesus sees faith in this pagan that He's not seen in his select group, the Jews. Who really are

the pagans here? I think Jesus was setting things up for when He opens up the floodgates and lets

everyone in. That was His intent and He wants to make sure the Jews understood He was not an

elitist. The magic crumbs of salvation are for everybody.

The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)



©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment