Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Jesus Pages: Really, Jesus?

Matthew 18: 21-53 – Really, Jesus?

 

             Jesus never pulled a story out of thin air. He carefully calculated His words to say exactly what He intended for His audience. “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you – unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Throw me in prison – to be tortured? Never let me out until all of my own offenses have been taken care of?

 

             God has a HUGE heart, full of forgiveness and He expects us to mimic Him. When we don’t and take advantage of that, not extending the same lavish generosity to others, then He lets the full wrath of His punishment fall down on us. Very sobering.

 

             God is not an indulgent parent. He expects us to grow up and act like Him. Or else He’ll let us spend some time in spiritual jail.


The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)



©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)  

No comments:

Post a Comment