Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Jesus Pages: Hey, This is All I Have!

Matthew 16 – Hey, This is All I Have


The religious leaders were blind and didn’t know it. They “saw” things but said “no” anyway. Seeing was NOT believing because, what they saw was impossible!


“Can you show me Plan B??


Jesus said, “Hey. This is all I have: lots of miracles. A great variety, too. I doubt if you saw another one you’d believe.”


The disciples were no better. Dumber than a rock. They never seemed to get Jesus’ parables. And Peter, after all those years, didn’t seem to get the connection between Jesus being the Messiah and what Scriptures had predicted was His final outcome. I can only imagine Jesus wanting to breathe a huge sigh and want to say, in a very loud voice: “Enough with these puny humans!”


He has to remind them that following Him is counter-cultural, not popular and has a big down side. It means saying “no” to a lot of things that scream their siren song. It’s just that in the end you can’t take all your possessions with you. You actually have to leave them behind. Yes, you do! So, leave them behind now for His glory.

The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)



©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment