Thursday, January 14, 2021

The Jesus Pages: Too Much Jesus

Read Matthew 8:18-34

We naively put our hands out and ask Jesus to fill them. When things begin to spill over and we get more Jesus than we bargained for, we panic. "Oh! I only wanted a little bit!" we shriek.

But Jesus says, "If you want any part of me you have to take all of me. You want to follow me? Then get behind me and follow. Go where I go. Ride in the boat and take whatever ride I give you. Stay in the same hotels or tents or sleeping bags on the ground. And if I choose to do something radical and miraculous - like clean up your life and set you free from your choke chain - then don't back down and tell me it's too much. It's all or nothing."

We want the Sometimes Jesus or the Part-Time Jesus. But the All-or-Nothing Jesus? For some of us, that's Too Much Jesus.

The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)


©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment