Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Jesus Pages: Jesus' Campaign Manager

Matthew 11

John was in a scary place: dark, cold, dangerous. Is this how he gets rewarded for campaigning for Jesus? I mean, he spent his whole life getting ready to publicize Jesus' appearance on earth. Now, after he introduces Jesus, he gets thrown into the slammer.

"Jesus? Did I miss something? Are you God or not? If you are, then, OK, I'll suffer for you. But, if not, can you spring for my bail?"

Jesus - his friend, his cousin - tells the crowd that John is the greatest prophet. But the people are fickle. No matter how John came, he couldn't have pleased them. Judgement is coming. World events cannot be altered. We don't always get rewarded for living right, doing right. Sometimes we even get our heads handed to us on a platter .  . . I'm just saying . . .

Jesus saw it ahead of time and simply advises: come rest with Me because you can't figure it out anyway.

The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)


©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment