Friday, January 8, 2021

The Jesus Pages: Words of Warning

Matthew 5:27-48

"You have heard it said . . ." And everything you heard was wrong. You followed rules you thought would make you righteous and Jesus comes along and knocks you down from your self-proclaimed throne of righteousness. He says, "Start over." 

Start over? You mean I've been wasting my time? And I have to do better, be perfect? Well, now I'm paralyzed. I can't do all that extra stuff. I'm not God! Exactly! Only righteous people can be righteous and perfect and anything less God will not accept. 

Give as God gives, live as God lives, love as God loves. Now that this has immobilized you, realize that only God can do these things on your behalf. Unless He moves you to be like Him, you won't be. He is the power source - go plug yourself in. 

The Jesus Pages is my journey through the New Testament in one year. I invite you to come along, read the Bible passage and leave comments. (If it's nasty or unrelated, I reserve the right to delete it.)


©2021 Debby Kratovil (kratovil@his.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment